Monday, May 23, 2011

Newcastle 20/5 - 23/5

I arrived in Newcastle late Friday night. My plane from Krakow was late so once I found my hostel I was too tired to do much else. I had to meet Andy at the train station at 2pm on Saturday so I spent the morning wandering around the city. I didn't really know what to expect from Newcastle as we were here to see a soccer game and I hadn't read anything about the town, so it was quite interesting to walk around and come across different things.

Central Arcade

Black Gate (entrance to the old castle). I didn't go into the castle itself because it was too expensive. After being in Eastern Europe the UK seems very expensive.

Pigeons nesting on a building.


After meeting Andy our first stop was St James Park - Newcastle United's home ground.

Andy thought it was funny that there was a sign to the stadium when you could see it.

At the soccer.

Andy at the soccer.

Walking towards the river.

Bridges



A nice view.

No comments:

Post a Comment