Saturday, April 23, 2011

Milan 21/4/11

I arrived in Milan at 9:30am after an uneventful flight. I got the train into the city and eventually found my hotel. It took over 40mins to walk what google maps said should be 15mins and I am not sure whether to blame the bad street signs in Milan or my bad map reading. After leaving my bag at the hotel I went for a long walk to keep myself awake. I was keeping an eye out for  both a supermarket and an information centre and didn’t find either, so I had coffee and gelati for lunch. As I hadn’t really done any research on Milan before arriving, not finding the info centre meant I didn’t know what to look for so I just wandered around hoping to find something interesting.



I did come across the Duomo (big catherdral) in the middle of the old town, and went for a walk down the main fashion street. On my way back, after resigning myself to pizza for dinner and hoping it wouldn’t make me feel too sick (I knew I would be too tired to go out again once the restaurants opened), I found a supermarket and got some cheese, ham, strawberries and chocolate for tea.

My dinner

3 comments:

  1. Hi Juls! Good work on the blog. Hope you
    Can keep it up better than me, then I'll have something to read at work as well :)
    I never went to Milan, it was too much of a detour for me.
    It sounds like you need an iPhone to assist with navigation. This would also assist with locating supermarkets and info centers, two things I was often on the lookout for. I like that you were happy just to wander around though, that's a good way to see things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ned,
    Thanks for the comment - it is good to know someone is reading, that makes me more likely to keep it up. An iPhone would be handy for finding things. I guess I will just have to be more organised and look up some maps before I arrive at different places.

    ReplyDelete